07 July 2020

MAC KEYBOARD SHORTCUT - FN LEFT, FN RIGHT

I run an active Facebook group for my high school alumni.  I make heavy use of albums to keep the photos better organized.  A popular album has the ambition of some day having at least one photo for every teacher or staff member of the school throughout the school's 100+ history.  I have to manually sort the photos by people's last name.  It's a tedious process but Facebook doesn't offer any alternative.  You can find the album at this link:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10156768646347611&type=3


Sometimes when you put your mind to it, you can find ways to make the process more tolerable.  In this case, I recently discovered the Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts to jump to the beginning or the end of a document.

When I add a photo to the album, Facebook puts it at the end of the list.  I would then have to drag it into position, wherever alphabetically it should be.  If it's just one photo, not a big deal, but if I add multiple photos, that mean after sorting one photo I would have to go back to the end and drag the next photo into place.  With Fn Right I can now quickly go to the bottom.  When I am done with organizing all the photos, in the past I would have to scroll up a few times to get to the top of the page, where the Save button is.  Now I can just use Fn Left and there it is, the Save button.

I use a Mac laptop and the Fn key is usually for modifying the F1, F2 etc keys along the top.  On a desktop Mac, there may or may not be a Fn key.

No comments:

Post a Comment