08 July 2020

A DIFFERENT KIND OF ZOOM

Manually sorting a Facebook album by the last names of the people in the photos is a painstaking process.  My stumble upon the Fn Left and Fn Right keyboard combinations, to quickly go to the start or the end of the album, really helps, but I also discovered another way to complement the process.

By default, web browsers show the site's content at regular size.  You can zoom in to perhaps see more details or zoom out to see more of what's available.  The first picture below is the standard size.  I used to perform my manual sort by scrolling a little bit, to get the album description out of the way, such that the first visible row would be half-shown at the top, the second row fully shown, and the third row just have its head peeking out.  That way I know where I was going when I manually move the photos into position.  I can also blindly move really quick through the list but at the end I still need to finely place the photos in its alphabetical position.

I then discovered that I can use the Zoom function in Google Chrome, or whatever the browser of choice, to see more photos.  It went from three to five, but if I zoom out some more I can see even more.  I find five to be just the right amount.  Anything further the names may not show.  The keyboard combo to Zoom Out is Command minus.  Command zero gets you back to the default size.

So, if manual sorting of Facebook album is a task you abhor, use Fn Left and Fn Right to move around quickly, then Zoom Out as needed so you can see more of where you are going.  In these pandemic days, you may be sick of Zoom Meetings, but this kind of Zoom is very useful and really helps your manual sorting.






No comments:

Post a Comment