18 March 2020

TERRANCE QUARANTINO

Coming soon to a screen near you, the long-awaited Kill Bill: Volume 3 by yours truly!  It's my life-long dream to direct it and now that I, for all intent and purpose, have no job, no public library to go to, cannot even go out for a run, I have plenty of time and with today's technology, a movie can be made with just a smartphone and one person playing many different roles.  I already have an alias to go with the movie - Terrance Quarantino!

Seriously, I have no plan to direct any movie during this self-quarantine period many residents of New York City are going through.  No, I have no signs of infection, just no job because the place I worked have most people work from home.  Being a contractor doing physical computer setup, there's no future for me when this pandemic struck.  Normally I would spend a lot of time at the public library but that too is closed.  At first Brooklyn Public Library announced that they would operate at reduced hours, something like 1 P.M. to 6 P.M. and closed on the weekends.  Shortly after, it was announced that all Brooklyn libraries would just shut down.  Not that I would travel that far, but same thing for Queens and NYPL (which covers Manhattan, The Bronx, and Staten Island).  So what's left to do?  Again, the normal thing, oh not so long ago, would be to go for a run.  I'm a slow runner but I can do a few miles out then back.  Ten miles, eight miles, whatever, something to do to take one's mind off the pressing matters.  Not anymore.  Now the outdoor is a dangerous place, you don't know who can infect you.  Who knows, soon we may be in lockdown mode like some other cities.

Time to hunker down and stay at home as much as possible.  Here's what I plan to do:


  • Work on maintaining a Facebook group for alumni of Newtown High School (Elmhurst, Queens, NY).  If you attended that school and don't yet know about it, check it out at https://www.facebook.com/groups/47486807610/
  • Resume maintaining a family tree that I started some years ago.  It is a lot of work, with people dying, being born, getting married etc, it needs updating every so often.  Well, for the immediate future, I do have time.
  • With the library closed, one of my source of entertainment is no longer available.  Sure, Overdrive is available for digital content but I'm an old-school guy, I still watch movies on DVDs and such.  A sister of mine left a box or two of VHS tapes in my attic, I might watch some of those old movies after all.
  • Last but not least, this blog needs more regular posting.  Facebook et al are nice but can be so chaotic sometimes.  I like to go back to old materials every now and then.  A blog is good for that.  It's just me and my own stuff, no need to wade through pages and pages of other people's stuff.

Hang on, COVID  Cave-Dwellers!

No comments:

Post a Comment