02 January 2018

HEY GOOGLE

This evening I just started watching the old Arnold Schwarzenegger mover The Running Man.  Funny thing is I noticed from the text scroll in the very beginning of the movie says the story happened in 2017.  Just last year, in real life!  We certainly had some weird political events last year but thankfully no reality TV show that features someone running for their life.  Not last year anyway but who knows what is coming out this year or the next.

Something else that I noticed was that in one scene upon returning to her apartment a woman spoke to the "computer" to have the lights turned on, coffee machine start brewing, and the TV set to a certain channel.  Hello, Alexa!  Or Siri, or Google!

A Google Home Mini recently invaded my home and I've played a bit with it. Back when Siri first came out, I still had some non-iPhone and sorta wished I had one.  When I actually owned an iPhone, I barely used Siri.  With Google Home, I already played around with these commands and questions:

  • Who let the dogs out?
  • Who shot J.R.?
  • Why is the sky blue?
  • Play music from the 1980s
  • Good morning
  • What is being played at United Artist Sheepshead Bay?
  • Open the pod bay door
  • Sing Happy Birthday
  • Sing Old MacDonald
  • Sing the United States National Anthem (no dice there, I would need to subscribe to some music service)
I like the gadget.  Sometimes I wish "she" would somehow know the question is silly and be wisecrack about it instead of giving the scientific answer.  It's a great speaker too.

1 comment:

  1. Yes but good news for you Big Brother season 20 will be released on June 2018. Another most awaited and reality TV show. Lets see what happened this time in the Big Brother reality TV show.

    ReplyDelete