19 November 2012

NYCM MEDAL

In other less joyful marathon news, last week I finally made the trip to the NYRR office to pick up the medal for the cancelled NYC Marathon 2012.  I know, I know, I didn't run it, why take it?  But I heard about it being given out, so I might as well take it.  There was still no words about refund of registration fees, still so at the time of this writing, so might as well get the most out of the $216 I already spent.  Maybe I can eBay it some day to recuperate part of the $216.  Or maybe I'll just put it next to the 2011 Go! St. Louis Marathon medal.  You may recall that I did not get to run the full marathon in St. Louis because the weather was deemed too hot and the marathon course was closed a few hours in.  I ended up running a half-marathon with a lousy time because I lost some time asking officials for confirmation.  At the finisher tent, I asked for a full-marathon medal because I thought registration fee for the full was more than the half.  I would never show the St. Louis medal without telling its history and same thing for the NYCM.

When did the new NYRR logo make its debut?  Wouldn't 2012 be the first time it appears on a marathon medal?

2 comments:

  1. I don't expect much of a refund. They spent the money already, not much was saved by not having the race.

    Also, at this time there are no medals listed on ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=nyc+marathon+medal&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=marathon+medal&_sacat=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my dim hope that there will be a partial refund for public-relation purpose. Rise in race fee, no bag-check for the NYCM, then the cancellation, may or may not be all NYRR's fault, but it would be good to play nice with the refund to salvage recent damages.

      About eBay, I saw that some guy, perhaps by the handle L0rd0fDaR1ng, offered the shirt etc. Last I checked the bid was $81.

      Delete