18 October 2012

BUGGY LICENSE...

I have heard of the car-counting game, to pass the time on long road trips, but only in recent years that I knew about the car game involving Volkswagen Bug.  The goal of the game is to spot the Volkswagen Bug on the street and quickly say "Buggy license, no punch back!" then punch a person near you in the arm.  Punch lightly, hopefully.  The "No punch back" clause supposedly prevents the victim from hitting back.  My tween son plays with his cousins regularly, not as often as before since some of the older cousins are, well, older now and don't play kiddie games as much.  I still play with my son, especially during trips home from swimming.  About a block from where I live there is a gray Volkswagen Bug that appears almost at the same corner every time we pass by.  As my car approaches the corner, I would drive slower and hum the two notes of the title tune for Inception, a favorite movie of my son's, and maneuver my hand to get ready to lightly punch him in the calf, or whichever body part I can reach.  He usually knows what's going to happen and avoids my deadly fist and ends up winning.

I often wonder what will happen if a teacher takes a class full of kids to a Volkswagen Bug factory or dealership...


No comments:

Post a Comment