08 February 2009

The Long and Winding Road

For me, so far the nature trail in Marine Park is the road not completely traveled. I visited the area many times, either for my son to play in Lenape Playground or P.S. 278 Playground. Two weeks ago, while waiting for a movie in nearby Kings Plaza, I decided to venture onto the trail with my son and a nephew. By myself I could have covered the whole trail in one trip, but with the kids it was not the same. We got about 1/3 of the way and had to head back. It was where there was a slight hill with the trail splitting up, one way going up the hill and the other around it. Today, to avoid being bored to death at Kings Plaza while the women go shopping, I took my son, same nephew, and a niece, back to the trail. This time I entered from the Salt Marsh Nature Center in hope of connecting to the point where I had to turn back last time. Alas, it was late in the evening and my son was whining about being tired. I will have to come back one day by myself to travel the entire trail.


3 comments:

  1. Very nice photography. Looks like a beautiful place to visit. Love the pic of the child in the tall grass facing towards the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos of the park, I especially like the turtle scuplture/table. BTW, not all women like shopping, not me, I actually dislike shopping. We plan on walking and taking full advantage of all the nice parks in our neigbhorhood.
    TOTA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tater's mom, The child pretended he found something exciting in the grass.

    ReplyDelete