07 November 2006

Voter Apathy?

I'm in training in midtown Manhattan this week and theoretically can get home earlier than usual, e.g. 6:30 p.m. instead of 8 p.m. It's Election Day and last night I mentioned to the Wife that we should go vote, for whatever good it does, if not anything, at least buoy the number of voters turnout. The plan was when I get home we would go vote, eat out, and buy a gift certificate at Babies 'R Us for some colleague of hers. I haven't been in midtown Manhattan for years and couldn't resist the chance to wander around a bit after class dismissal at 4:30. I love walking and feel the best way to know an area is to walk all over. So instead of being home at 5:30 or 6, I got home at 7. Still an hour earlier than my normal 8, no? Not according to the Wife. Whereas we normally eat at 8 or 8:30, tonight she decided we should eat early, instead of dining out. And no voting either, no time for that. Had I known that earlier, I would have gone to vote early in the morning. Not that I closely followed the races. I try to keep better tab of the news by subscribing to 1010 WINS and Yahoo! News, but still I don't feel well-informed to make a decision one way or another. Oh, well, maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment