26 September 2005

Diarrhea of a Mad Man, The Final Chapter

I had my colonoscopy done today. It was pretty quick, the only time that I felt the urge to get over with was during recovery. I spent very little time in the waiting room and was admitted almost immediately. Slipped into the fancy gowns (one front, one back), I had a little time to read amNewYork and Metro New York before it was my turn. The anesthesia doctor was friendly and chatty. It took him a second try to get the IV in place, but shortly afterward I was knocked out. By the time I became groggily awake, I was in the recovery room already. I felt bloated and gladly passed out gases that were pumped in during the exam, which I learned from the nurse before the exam. Signed out by my wife, I went to the Starbuck's in the nearby Barnes & Noble and devoured a toasty cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese, while downing a mocha Frappuccino, venti.

No comments:

Post a Comment