02 October 2020

I BELIEVE I CAN SLIDE

My good fortune with Wii Fit Balance Games is rolling along fine.  Or maybe my skill just keeps getting better and better.  With Balance Bubble games completed, my new Balance Game these days is Penguin Slide.  You control a cute critter, the penguin, that stands on an iceberg.  Fish jump out of the water onto the berg, some gliding along, some jumping.  You shift your weight left or right to slide in that direction and gobble up as many as you can.  Be careful not to slide too far to the edge, as falling into the water costs you time.  At the edge, if you quickly shift you weight back toward the center of the iceberg, your movement becomes a jump, which you definitely need to catch the 10-point hovering, red fish.

For a long time, I struggle to get into the Top Ten list.  Naturally, my son, younger and more nimble, occupied the top slot, probably a few slots in the top five as well.  Thanks to much practice and a better understanding of how the characters in the game behave, I got better and was able to get into the Top Ten list more frequently.  I discovered that when the Red Fish appears, it's best to get ready for it.  No more chasing the 2-point Green Fish or the 1-point Blue Fish.  Just stay in the center of the berg, as soon as the Red Fish emerges from the water at whichever side (left or right), hovering in midair because it has some special power, slide that way and jump.  With that technique, I got enough points to bump my son off from the #1 position.  I even got as high as 98 points!  Now I plan to keep trying until I get 100 point, or more, then I will move on to other Balance Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment