28 September 2020

CLAPTRAP BY TOM RICHMOND AND DESMOND DEVLIN

I love MAD magazine.  Being a bit artistic myself, I love to see the caricatures in the magazines.  I don't know why I didn't buy it more regularly.  For a while, I decided to buy it every two months, that's their publishing schedule, six issues a year instead of the usual twelve.  It gave me an excuse to wander into Barnes and Noble.  I even stated buying the compilation books, which technically are just reprints of the magazine, except for the foreword and other writings in the beginning.  But I missed so many years/issues, the regurgitated materials in the books were new to me.  I even decided to stick with MAD after the move from the East Coast to the West Coast.  New staff, new this new that, many people hated the new stuff, but I didn't mind.  But my measly support wasn't enough.  Now MAD supposedly won't even publish much new materials any more, except perhaps the cover and a few pages inside.  Enter former MAD cartoonist Tom Richmond and former MAD writer Desmond Devlin!  Together, they are putting out a new book with at least ten parodied movies, brand new, never published elsewhere.  There are a few Indiegogo tiers to consider but simply put for $25 you can a book featuring materials normally seen in a MAD magazine as if the mag is still churning out new, monthly content.  They already plan to do Volume 2, if this pattern continues it's almost like having a monthly MAD magazine with new materials.  Who knows, they may even release something every two months!!!


First, Tom and Desmond needs your help.  Support the IndieGoGo project, if you share my love for MAD magazine.


https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/claptrap-movie-spoofs-in-a-classic-humorous-vein?fbclid=IwAR1ToPkFdB-xN9uPeor3baZkH4Y-pX5FQQBRB9LcTsYmO0Stj95O71IuJ2k#/

No comments:

Post a Comment