21 July 2020

RECURRING SLEEP-VISIONS

I heard that the German language has a word for every situation.  Supposedly, the Japanese language does too, although I heard about German more regularly.  There are some words, English or otherwise, I wish I know that would better define the following two scenarios:

DREAM.  As simple as it sounds, DREAM is a misleading word.  It may have started out as just something you "see" while sleeping, but then it became something that you wish to come true, as in Martin Luther King's I have a dream.  When I want to discuss something that I just saw while sleeping, it may be just something interesting to me, nothing dramatic that I would wish to be true.  It may not be so bad as to be labeled a nightmare.  For now, I use SLEEP-VISION, I love coining words, assuming that SLEEP-VISION is not already a word.  I think hyphens are underused also so I try to throw them out there whenever I have the chance.  Onto a SLEEP-VISION I had recently.

I was supposed to setup a bunch of computers for a training session.  Nothing unusual, just the CPUs connected to monitor, mouse, and keyboard.  Oh year, Ethernet network connection, too.  Funny thing is I had that vision before, that someone told me about the training schedule so that I would be there x days before the event to set things up.  I think I arrived late.  Maybe a few hours before the training event, or maybe a few hours late on my scheduled time.  If anything, it just means I sometimes think about work.

So what's the German word that aptly describes the situation?  Something that was seen while sleeping, that seems to continue after a period of time.  Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment