13 July 2020

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN!

Poor Karen, she has no love on social media these days.  I think I'll give her a boost by using her name as the first in, hopefully, a series of video clips, that show nothing but the phrase Happy Birthday followed by a name.  People are born every hour everyday anyway, right?  Maybe even more frequent than that.  Surely someone somewhere is celebrating birthday and in need of a video.

I made the video from a GIF, or actually, from a few GIF because I did the work in PersonalPaint on an Amiga computer emulated on my MacBook Pro.  The phrase Happy Birthday, Karen! is too wide for the screen and had to be created as three separate GIF files.  Thank goodness for EZgif.com, which let me combine multiple files to create GIF.  I discovered that the trick is to name the file sequentially and the new GIF will created in that order.  In my case, the files were called 1-Happy.gif, 2-Birthday.gif, and 3-Karen.gif.  I also typed up the final frame and held it for a minute or two.

Maybe because it's the first such video, it's quite a process.  Hopefully if I do it more regularly I can get better.  I used the Bullion animated font and there are a few more to work with.  I suppose the next video will still use Karen's name, but with all the available animated fonts.  After that, what name should I use?  Maybe I'll consult the list of most popular baby names of 2019...

Check out the video at:

https://youtu.be/YnkIB7csPys

No comments:

Post a Comment