01 December 2019

SAYONARA FULL MENORAH, HELLO SEMI-NORAH

On Sunday December 22 of this year, 9:30 A.M., I will be at Grand Army Plaza in Brooklyn, corner of Union Street and Prospect Park West (PPW), to lead a run that draws a menorah.  I did a test run today, but I was not in the right frame of mind to do the entire menorah, just the left-half, or what I call a semi-norah.  As in semicircle.

The design called for about 8 miles, today's run came out to about 4 miles, so that's about right.  The original 8 miles didn't include a base, so I added it today but it still looks not wide enough.

For the official run, I re-designed the route to have narrower distances between the branches, shorter stem, and wide stem, all resulting in the shorter distance of six miles.

Lastly, check out the video made via Relive.cc.  Because of some disagreement between Relive.cc and Strava, I had to use Runkeeper, which weirdly didn't show the run to Relive.cc.  I had to log into Runkeeper on a computer and export the route to GPX then import that into Relive.cc, again on a computer.

The run is made for the Prospect Park Track Club but as with most, if not all, PPTC events, the run is open to the public.  If route art is your interest, come join me on Sunday Dec 22 at 9:30 A.M., Union Street and PPW.







No comments:

Post a Comment