24 November 2019

MISSED OPPORTUNITY: VETERANS DAY 2019

This past Veterans Day I had to go to work.  I usually do, the places I worked at don't observe the holiday so it's not that different this year.  What is slightly different is that as we had a meeting in a big conference room, someone asked if anyone present is a veteran.  There were some and we thanked them for their service to the nation.  I wanted to crack a joke but all I could come up was that I was a veteran of the Battle of the Sexes.  Not even a veteran of some war, lame.  Only days later that I came up with the following "Wars" to jokingly claim to be a veteran of:


  • The Browsers War.  Remember that one, when the world wide web first came into being?  It was Netscape Navigator against Microsoft's Internet Explorer
  • The Cola War.  Coke vs. Pepsi.  Even rock-n-roll got involved, I can't take it anymore.
  • The War on Drugs.  I don't do drugs, nothing to add here.  Maybe too serious and not belongs here.
  • The War on Poverty.  I lost that one, still not Rich, may even be heading to Poor.  Too serious, too, but a tad not as serious as Drugs.
  • The Platform War.  Mac vs. PC.  Or should that be GUI War?  Finder vs. Windows 95?

What other not-so-serious Wars can be included?

No comments:

Post a Comment