03 July 2013

JULY CHALLENGE

So for May we had "Run Everyday" and June's challenge was "Sweat Everyday".  Somehow the people behind the ilovetorun FB page didn't get around to create a new challenge for July, but one of the runners started one, "Fitness is Fun", https://www.facebook.com/events/191648770999379/

July kinda caught me by surprise and I didn't do anything interesting for the first few days.  Yesterday I got around to making a gwriting or GPS art, "Jessica", for our new host.  Today, I made "Athena", for a friend from ARROW (Astoria Residents Reclaiming Our World) who happens to be quite an elite runner so she got invited to join Athena NY running club.  I thought about streaking with GPS art, but tomorrow is the NYCRuns Firecracker 5K/10K on Roosevelt Island and I will be working at it.  By the end of the day I will be tired from all the standing or walking around, I would be lucky if I can squeeze in a normal, out-and-back run.  Speaking of which, I need to get up at 4 AM so I better disconnect now!


I honestly declare that the satellite was really messed up when I made the J.  I am 100% sure I ran along W 12th twice, up to the top then back down, but the satellite failed miserably and made the J to look more like π
For the divas of Athena NY, a member of which is my friend Rachel from ARROW.  I was going to do the laurel in their logo, right in Dyker Playground to the left of the big A, but it was already too hot by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment