05 June 2011

Memorial Day 2011, Belatedly

Better late than never!  Over the years, as I travel around, whether on vacation, on a bike trip locally, or even during walks after lunch at work, whenever I come across a war memorial I would take photos of the monuments.  Below are photos I took of the Korean War Memorial in Atlantic City, the Vietnam War Memorial and World War 2 Memorial on the waterfront in the south of Hoboken, a World War Memorial in Long Island City (it was erected in 1926, people couldn't foresee a World War 2 coming up in about 10 years), a memorial in Marine Park, Brooklyn, and the grave for Sergeant Alexander Kidd (on Governors Island, New York, I think).  A belated salute to the fallen!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Qap for sharing the photos collection of war memorials. Wish there was no war, thus not a need for such memorials. We should always remember those who gave their lives and the brave men and women serving our nation and the world.
    TOTA

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's happening, Qap? Long time no new post - half of 2011 already gone and you only have 25 posts. What do you have to "write" for yourself?
    Hope things are ok where you are. BTW, how is Lone Gunman?
    It is sunny today and I am enjoying every minute of this beautiful world :)
    TOTA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am suffering from writer's block, TOTA. I really need to get a software review done for ATPM but my exercise schedule doesn't work well with it. I used to spend a few nights up late and get the review done. These days I don't stay up late any more and the writing suffer. I feel guilty putting the blog before the software review so I keep telling myself to get the review done first. I actually have a few things to write about for the blog.

    ReplyDelete