08 January 2010

Coney Island Boardwalk

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Coney Island Boardwalk
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


The nice thing with bicycling, versus jogging, is that theoretically I can go farther to carry out the exercise. With jogging, I would walk from home to Caesar's Bay shopping area and start jogging from there. With bicycling, instead of slowly pushing the bicycle, I would ride it to the destination. Bicycling should be faster than walking, so the time saved can be put into covering a longer distance, say, to get to a destination further away. Today, that destination was Coney Island. I just found out that Coney Island is about 2.6K from where I live, whereas Caesar's Bay is 1.6K away. That translates to 2K for a round trip.

It was not the first time I visited Coney Island, but rather the first time I was there unaccompanied. I was free to snap photos here and there without being slowed down or slowing down any company I would be with. A big group may be fun to be with sometimes but most of the time I prefer to be on my own, to do what I please.

I started around the Wonder Wheel then went east to the very end of the boardwalk. I totally forgot what this end of the boardwalk looks like. I was there a few years back with two nephews. We did not stop there but went on to the street and all the way to Manhattan Beach before heading back. For me, the goal today was just to reach one end then the other end and back to the starting point. Just my luck, I did not bring a real camera and my cell phone's battery died by the time I reached the western end of the boardwalk, so no photo for that end.

The distance I traveled today was about 8K, again 1K less than the maximum distance I reached with jogging. Oh well, something to do to burn the fat while the right foot recovers...

1 comment:

  1. Nice slideshow of Coney Island - just wonder is it safe to be around the boardwalk since it must be deserted this time of the year? I know I worry too much, just like Mom or any female person. Be careful and keep up the routine. Thanks for sharing the slideshow.
    It is not freezing today and the sun was out, so it was not too bad here in St. Louis.
    Happy 30th Anniversary - you've done good, Qap!
    TOTA

    ReplyDelete