27 September 2008

Gruesome Gee SOM's Last Hurrah

One week... three days... two and a half days... this is it! The day finally arrived for my ex-colleagues in LAN Account Admin department in the northeast, which I like to refer to as Gruesome Gee SOM. There was a farewell drink/dinner type of gathering on the last day, September 26. I was afraid I would not be able to make it, as I usually have some migration work to do on Fridays. The actual work happens at 10:45 PM but much preparation must be done before the kickoff time. Luckily, because of the turmoil in the financial market and the lingering effect of Hurricane Ike, all change controls are on hold for a while. I still have plenty of other work to do, but at least I have time to meet the guys and gals of Gee SOM for the last time.

Here are the photos I took at the event. Superman left early so I couldn't snap him. There were some latecomers who I did not know well so they are left out as well. Enjoy!

http://picasaweb.google.com/qaptainqwerty/EndOfTheLineGruesomeGSOMNE?authkey=8U_rwDhvIqs#

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:33 PM

    O Qaptain! My Qaptain! I have not been able to read the blog for a few weeks, with personal matters as you know. Just popped in to see what was going on, very sad to see the team go. Now that the financial crisis has started will we no longer have time to blog? Will we be unemployed along with these poor souls, working for too little pay, and too little free time??

    I was in the office last weekend for an hour to attend a meeting and thought of all the people I have known here that have gone before me.

    Its sad that we no longer have communities or get to know our neighbors in America. Our friends are our co workers, chosen by chance. Sometimes great people, sometimes not...

    This is what we get, and Im sad to see the good ones go. I will remember many of these people as my friends, by choice.

    - Lone Gunman

    ReplyDelete