15 April 2007

The Rough Ride Home

The long oblication finally came to an end this morning. Technically, it happened yesterday, as it is now 11:15 a.m. on Monday, 16 April 2007. Thanks to the time difference, we "gained" twelve hours by the time we landed - it was already 2 a.m. 4/16 in Hong Kong but we set our clock back to 2 p.m. 4/15. Some kind of Time Travel, eh?

It was a rough ride at times. Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean, when the plane was shaking from collision with jet streams, I was thinking that I wouldn't make it home to post another blog entry. Or be in the office the next day to whip up some more KiX scripts. By the time we reach JFK, the weather was bad and the plane had to circle the airport a few times before actually landing. Sounds of people throwing up could be heard here and there in the cabin. I normally have no problems with motion sickness, but during the wait to land I was starting to develop a headache. Perhaps the sum of the rough landing, the run in the rain to get the car, and jet lag was too much for me. I had a nasty headache but it went away after a few hours of sleep, sans dinner.

Still, it's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment